About Me

My photo
the dandenongs, victoria, Australia
an artist and it solution architect living in the temperate rainforest of southeastern australia

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

evoluzione tranquillità


here is an evolution. what i really want to develop is the glimpses into the forest. i want to make them beckon with magnetic mystery. i think i found the right combination of pigments and techniques to do this - but i have yet to achieve it completely. this piece shows some promise in that direction.

first look at the piece in its entirety.

then look at these two magical glimpses that appear in the LHS - these are what attract me and my eye and my senses.
see what i mean? those are deeply where i want to go. only time will tell...

7 comments:

perugina said...

Joel, I see you have used an Italian title here evulazione tranquillita`, che bravo che sei!!
My watercolour ability and knowledge are limited and I have yet to attempt a landscape – yours are inspirational! You know where you are headed with these and your mind, however I feel they already ’beckon with magnetic mystery’. As I mentioned in the previous post, e` da volersi perdere!

joel said...

hi pg, thanks for your comments. i used italian specifically for your benefit!

:)

perugina said...

Really Joel..aw..aren't you a sweetie! I'm touched :)

TeAnne said...

Lovely works Joel

joel said...

Thanks TeAnne!!!

Nick said...

hey this is signature atmospheric piece from the Down Under Mystery Man! But it's been 2 1/2 months, where are you Joel???!

joel said...

thanks Nick!!!!!!!!!!! don't panic... there is a lot of activity here - but not much painting. it is also mid-winter and the studio is cold...

there is too much work work to do at the moment. but all these things pass...